Tuesday, November 25, 2014

WHEN #MTN NIGERIA CARRYS OUT THEIR FRAUDULENT ACT


Correct me if I am wrong, there is no greater extortion done in the telecommunication industry that ever exceeds the act being carried out by MTN who claim to be a greater/better network provider.  They have been extorting us (Nigeria) from the birth of mobile communication otherwise known as GSM in Nigeria. You might wonder what has led me into writing about MTN in this manner, well, I guess if you were the one who wakes up early in the morning only to wake up with a text that you have spent 50naira in your sleep or made some transaction in dreamland that cost you 50naira in real world, you would go to court (not joking here though). I wonder why people have not taken this guys to court? oh, I remember, we are in Nigeria where extortion and corruption seems to be celebrated.
This morning, on Tuesday the 25th of November, 2014, I received a text/SMS in this format; 
“Y’ello, you have been charged N50.00 and your Callertunes service has been extended to 2014-12-24 successfully. Reply TOP5 or #Songname to search tunez. For more info, texts HELP to 4100”
The truth of the matter is this is not the first time such fraudulent act as been carried out by MTN, but I choose to keep mute/calm, I believe due to the fact that I never had the time to write. I know for certainty that I am not the only subscriber who is a victim of this fraudulent act but many out of the million subscribers they boast of. The annoying thing is that I never for once subscribe to any Callertunez, as I see that as a waste of money and a childish act, except you are using the service to support your friends, family or organization. Aside from the truth, it is pathetic that the Nigerian government has constantly and indirectly encourage these private firms to operate on duplicitous act and oppression of both the poor and the rich. This is a scandal that needs to be taken up by the commission charged to check the excesses of these so called private firms. Their (MTN) customer care service is zero and nothing to write home about as they are never accessible. The only network trying to be accessible is Airtel and Etisalat, as their customer care agents are always ready to listen to your plight.
Government keeps shouting privatisation here, privatisation there, without putting resources/agencies together to efficiently monitor and check these firms. Imagine MTN collecting this same 50naira from 10million subscribers.  That makes them rich out of providing poor services and expensive tariffs. Obviously, one can easily conclude that the government is sharing from the bounty gained in this duplicitous act.

LET US SAY NO TO THIS SCANDAL

No comments:

Post a Comment