Saturday, September 20, 2014

HOW MUCH CAN YOU FORGIVE




I will like to talk about forgiveness here today; on a day when different men and women round the country tie the knot. Personally, I belief the key to a successful marriage is trust and forgiveness among the couples. Thus, I will like to wish my good friend a happy marriage ceremony happening now in the city of Ibadan, wish I were there though. What are you doing this weekend; visiting the park, gym or attend one of those parties?
Back to my subject matter, forgiveness is a big thing/a difficult virtue to possess and a very expensive gift to receive. How much can you forgive someone who hurts you so bad? I think to answer that correctly, it will be nice if you ask yourself how much forgiveness you expect to receive from a person who you cheated. It is kind of easier to forgive than to forget as our religious doctrine says we should always forgive and forget. But not many people pass the first stage of forgiveness and wish to jump to the second process of forgetting. Not forgiving someone who wrongs you is like imprisoning yourself in a bondage that only leads to destruction and not forgetting is like submitting an incomplete project.
Great men like Alexandra Pope opines; “to err is human to forgive, divine” also Mahatma Gandhi says “the weak can never forgive, forgiveness is only for the strong”. Does that mean people should keep erring and expect to get forgiven? Well, I think yes, as long as we are available to be erred upon to them, why don’t we just forgive and try to reduce our availability to them. For Jesus Christ answers the question of how many times we should forgive we should forgive our neighbours and that amounted to infinity.
As the writer I am not saying I am not guilty of holding back forgiveness and embracing forgetfulness, I am working on myself to be a better person, which is what a reasonable person would do.
I am wishing every couple getting married today a blissful marriage filled with prosperity and blessed children round the table…


This piece is dedicated to that beautiful lady who was once in my life who I have wronged so dearly Oluwafeyikemi Omoniyi, I call her ‘Bright’. I need her to forgive me and come back to me…
@Roluseye

No comments:

Post a Comment