Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ON THE STREET OF LAGOS.

In the street of Lagos, Nigeria things I see everyday looks humorous and a bit laughing matter. To me the family is a vital thing and privilege that every being must have. I will be writing on this matter which you my reader milt find hilarious, but to me it’s painful. I was opportune to work down the street one faithful Saturday morning on my way to my destination, I found so many ‘people’ trooping themselves together to watch a movie which I never had interest on at first sight because it appears to me that its one of those movie which I had watch before, but to my fascination I have watched the movie before which English language was spoken all through and for this one which they all stand and watch it was Yoruba that was spoken all through by some white. I come to ask my self is it possible for these actors to act Yoruba version movie? While will the national and video board allow movies like this to be revised to Yoruba version without any license agreement with the original copy right? To my fascination I saw the popularly know coming to America by Wesley snipes, was been translated to Yoruba. After accessing all this it pains me more seeing most children and adult gathering to get a glance at this movie. This made me to start developing taught if these children gathered here have parent or rather if this adult here have families? Even with the frequent passage of vehicles and cars and there hear busting horns the viewers were still adamant to live the place. What sort of life is this if I may ask? What sort of government is governing this sort of family? What had happened to the families of this people……….. These are question which I know will have no answer. From the beginning of this write ups my main motive of writing was not made clear I think now you should know, while I decided to write this article. Firstly I am writing to make known to us the reason of this causes and how the can be stopped. Secondly I am here to highlight the importance of a family to the each citizens and levels at which one can belong in a family.
Before I can be justified in complete my write ups, I have to make it clear that this movies which where displayed on the road side are all called home videos and not otherwise.
With so much nepotism glossing my mind towards the affairs of the people of this state Lagos, I so think it is important to make everybody informed through education.
Vividly and with so much emphasis I will like to make know to use the reason of the dirty act displayed by indigence of the state. To my greatest surprise when coming back at night I found another set of people gathering at a bus stop to watch similar film like the first one, to my foresight I found different people like hoodlums, touts marijuana smokers and thieves who go ahead picking pocket. With this I came to a conclusion that the people are been ignorant and non educated, cause I can’t imagine seeing an educated elite standing among hoodlums and thieves and start watching films I know is and home video and not a roadside video. It hardens my heart to see this people being like this, which they themselves never want to be if not for poverty.
Poverty play another major role in fostering this act among people, it as been non to me with a statistic carried out that 50% of people own a television in the street of Lagos while the remaining 50 are left to their fate. I wonder what will happen to a citizen mentality if he does not live a good and soothing life. Definitely he will have to live on his fate. Sincerely a way of living really matter in ones life, whether positively or negatively it will surely and certainly will affect one’s life. The thinking habit and behavioral habit will likewise be affected.
Poverty is a sin psychologically and it is the duty of the state or leaders to evaluate poverty, because it is not part of human. I have felt so many things and see so many things to have come into this conclusion. I was under fortunate to have belonged to a poor family, whereby seven of us all sleep in one room which is 9cm long and 8mm tall. My dad does sleep in the second room regarded as the parlor. Though we are thankful to God for the little we have because seeing the way some people live it is so diverstitating to see them in that state. I am not here to preach against poverty because it is not the will of a person to be poor, but it is the state that makes us poor. The reason is this if jobs are provided with good emolument for workers of the state people will bless the government and bless the state. Presently tanker worms and economic beetle is eaten deep into the system of our country living the unemployed to there state of unemployment and living the employed to there state of bad emolument. Corruption is the root of this entire defect befalling on the country because instead of the citizens praying for there country they are there doing the opposite due to depression and oppression. Recently the teachers went on strike last year because they wanted an increment of their salaries against the old payment, they where forced to call of the strike since the federal government promise to compel to the bewilderment. But it has come to our hearing that the teachers are back on strike living the school children to no fate. Very soon the sss3 student will start there WEAC, what should they hope on? Instead of being at class learning they are at home doing something else. Now turning the government into a liar, because he promised to do one thing and he acted on the contrary.
I am writing with so much endearment to my state and not condemning it. If this things are been provided people will live a perfect life pleasing to God and pleasing to man. I have notice that over the era many people live a virulent life not pleasing to God and man, with this act of killing and prejudice among the people.
Before Lagos became who she is now or permit me to say Nigeria, she as gone through many odds and differentiate. I be back to continue what I started in a jiffy, please permit me go have my sleep for now and don’t take for a writer who does a half work without completion. I promise that this write ups and the others which I promise to complete will be completed when the times is come and I believe it’s very soon.
I really appreciate you for borrowing me some of your time by going through this article and I believe when it is completed we will all have gods to amend our ways and start a better life to all citizens in respective of tribal, racial and language difference.

1 comment:

  1. it is palatable and impressing to read and write, write ups like this.

    ReplyDelete