Wednesday, February 25, 2015

NIGERIANS WITH THEIR FALLACIOUS ASSERTIONS



Richard Oluseye Anthony


Hasty Generalization, this is not just about the philosophical fallacy, it is about what is in-play in our lives as Nigerians. It is no gain saying that Nigeria is among the most pluralist nations of the world and also one of the most under-developed nations of the world. Unlike other multi-cultural nations or state, Nigeria has failed to find strength in her diversity. Most Nigerians have one way or the other given a nippy generalization about other cultures that is not theirs, you hear assertions like; “people from the Yoruba tribe especially Ekiti are very stubborn; the Igbos (Ibos) are very selfish and stingy, the Northern people are very unfriendly”, and so forth….
However, I am marvelled when I hear people like my female folks and neighbours  saying things like; they don’t believe my Igbo (Ibo) neighbours are actually Ibos, because they feel all Ibos are not nice, friendly and self-less, but they(my Ibo neighbours) are actually nice and self-less. It is the same thing for my Ibo neighbours too, they never in their wildest dreams imagined that a Yoruba person can be friendly or ‘neat’… even my friends serving in the North recount countless times how the people from the Northern part of Nigeria are rich in hospitality, as they showed himself and other corp member much hospitality.
I will like to end this short piece by saying; before you kill/condemn that culture with your mouth, be sure you have visited the place or met the people… #Culture.



P.S: I have been thinking about this for a very long while, you guys know about the new hundred naira note minted last year by the current government, I was wondering and perturbed as to what is the necessity; was it done to be in the myopic list of ‘Me Too I Did This’ or there is a fault in the old note that is dangerous to the health of Nigerians? Is a new note a good project to celebrate Nigeria centenary by a government? That is just a by-the-way chat though, and I hope we are all longing and working towards a new Nigeria. I am not preaching change; I am preaching a better and developed Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria!!!.
God bless the people who are in one way or the other contributing to the development of our nation and country.
God bless and grant wisdom to the youths…



Follow @Roluseye  on Twitter and Facebook to be in my social circle for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment